Sunday, March 4, 2012

Life is Calling

The title of an article I read in the Costco Connection this morning by Jane Pauley.  Remember Jane?  One can only know how the world has really changed reading about Jane being one of the first women news anchors on television.  It is hard to imagine not seeing women as news anchors on TV.  (http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201203#pg25)  You can read it online.

Jane describes how we don't need to define our lives by what we do for work.  I remember an old Sociology professor at college throwing out the topic of work.  He said when you go to a party and someone asks you what you do, do you tell them what you do for work?  Or, do you say, "I bike or I hike," describing yourself by what your passion is.  Your passion could be your work.  But really, how many people can say they can't wait to get to work every day for all these years?  Not...

Don't get me wrong.  After all these year of working, I still enjoy many aspects of it.  Especially the children. I still keep a small grass area so I can run through the sprinkler with them.

Jane is described as a Reinvention Evangelist.  She portrays stories of people who have decided to live their passion in the older years of life.  She is helping people to find their path in life after fifty.  Your Life Calling airs once a month in the morning on the Today show.

My family is gone now...On the road to DC.  But, the sun is out, the espresso is fabulous.  And, I have just reconnected with my first roommate from my first apartment in Seattle, just out of high school.  Thirty seven years later.  And, it was just like yesterday.  Moving forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment