My daughter, son-in-law and new grandson will be leaving for DC at the end of the month. She will be training there and sent to a foreign country to work for the US Foreign Service. I am very proud of her! Her husband and supportive partner has a few jobs. Most importantly, is the one taking care of my new grandson. The baby is lucky to have a dad that works at home as a parent. His life will be forever changed by the loving care he receives in his early years. I worked at home as a parent during my daughter's younger years. It was the best job I ever had besides working in her classroom.
But now, after closing my espresso business for 4 months and wandering as aimlessly as possible, I have to return to work. While off and wandering, I visited old long lost friends. Each experience was equally delightful. I traveled the back roads as much as possible. The sun was out most of the winter despite snow in some areas. This was invigorating and prompted me to do a quick weather check and hit the road through unknown passages. I did wonder why I was the only vehicle (other than a few logging trucks) on the road at the top of the east Cascades in Oregon! I was happy I had a shovel, my 30 year old Sorrel's and sand in the back of my two wheel drive pickup. I had dug myself out before. Actually, just a few weeks before after a hard snow in my cul-de-sac. Go figure...That had never happened before.
So, back to the work thing. After time off, I have become lazy. I try to do one thing however irrelevant, each day. Today I did the dishes and finished unpacking all the crates I hauled from destination to destination. I was going to wash the windows but decided to create a blog instead. I am purposefully trying to do as little as possible until reality hits...Back to work running my business, talking stories (no gossip allowed) and dealing with the full array of characters who stop by. These are interesting stories of another breed. I am glad I still enjoy the work after nearly 13 years.
I will miss my grandson, daughter and her husband. And, look forward to the visit to their home country next winter when I wander again. In the meantime, I have Pretty Girl, the cat back. And, this is a good thing. Would love to hear from any of you friends on the blog.
Until next time...Miriam
Hey Miriam, I just picked Post a Comment and hopefully this will work. Very nice writing.
ReplyDeleteColleen
Thanks Colleen. Sage changed her settings to so you can post there also. love, me
DeleteMiriam- Thank YOU!!! Sounds like you are doing well. Thank-YOu for taking the time to spend time with Tom and I. MEMORIES made again. Hope to see you again next year, our home is always open to you. If I was closer I would help you at the Shop. Take care. LOVE, DEB, TOM, and the critters!
ReplyDeleteDeb and Tom...Thank you for having me. I will be back. You were such wonderful hosts...Come take a road trip and stay a couple of days sometime. Love, me
ReplyDelete