I went into the office today. Just to look around and try to familiarize myself with the surroundings I left four months ago. Where did all the time go? And, why does time seem to move more quickly when you are off?
Although I drag my feet in getting back to work, I think it will be good for me. Sometimes idle time makes me lazy. And, it will be good to see people again and hear their stories of life. Friends seem to always visit me at work. So, I best get back to work.
The week is bittersweet for me. I will get to meet my daughter, her husband and my little grandson for lunch on Thursday. They will be on the first leg of their trip cross country to Washington DC, where she will train for the US Foreign Service. (driftingworldcitizens.blogspot.com) and then move to a country where the sun shines more than it does in Seattle. Hopefully, this will be next year's trip. And, in that time my grandson, P, will be a year and a half old. My daughter and her husband are very excited for the new adventure. I begged her to leave P with me. I could take him to work.
Saturday I will open the doors (or window) again and serve the highest quality espresso possible. Made with just roasted beans and served with kindness. I have a new 12 foot Swooper flag which says OPEN. So, bring it on..Come on down..Let's have coffee together.
We wish we could come have a Hope Espresso coffee when you re-open this weekend! P misses you and gives you a kiss :-)
ReplyDeleteYes, I wish you were here. The espresso is fabulous. Kisses to my grandson. love you all...mom
ReplyDelete